Sunday, February 21, 2010

Lies We Believe About Ourselves: A Recap

The last six lies we covered were lies we believe about ourselves. Here's a quick recap for all of you (found on p. 40-42 of the companion guide to "Lies Women Believe.")

  • LIE: I'M NOT WORTH ANYTHING.
  • TRUTH: My value is not determined by what others think of me or what I think of myself. My value is determined by how God views me- and I am precious to Him.
  • LIE: I NEED TO LEARN TO LOVE MYSELF.
  • TRUTH: By faith, I need to receive God's love for me. I naturally love myself; I need to deny myself and let God love others through me.
Romans 5:11

Romans 6:6-14

John 6:38

1 Timothy 2:10 and Proverbs 31:30

Hebrews 11:13-16

As we learned previously, a lie believed about ourselves is often due to a misconception about God. When we truly know our maker, we can begin to know ourselves and the wonderful purpose in life He has for us. May you all seek to know your heavenly father more and more so that you can live your life to the full extent that He wishes for you.

Next week, we begin chapter 4: Lies Women Believe About Sin. Our enemy is a mighty foe and a sly deceiver, but our God is far greater, and with His power, we have already won the battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment